Bookmas Day 5: Cry-Worthy Books


Guys, it's almost Christmas!! Hailey @ HailsHeartsNYC created a 12 days of Christmas based book challenges alongside a "read as much as you can" readathon. She made a video explaining each of the daily challenges on her youtube channel here.

On the fourth day of Bookmas my true love gave to me five hours of crying.



THE ONES THAT HAD ME SHED A TEAR OR TWO:
  • Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: There is one quite lengthy scene at about the midway (or just past midway) point in the book that absolutely out me over the edge. It's the only scene that made me cry in this book, but to this date it is the reason I love this book so much. I hasn't realized how attached I was to Jaime and Claire until I read that scene and I realized I might lose them.
  • The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: Who didn't cry at this book? However, I didn't cry until the very end when Death was revisiting those that had survived the war. But that scene was so moving.
I AM A WEEPING MESS BECAUSE OF THESE (ranked--from least to greatest--by the amount of tears shed):
  • All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: This book wasn't just sad. It was happy and that was part of what made it so memorable and moving. 
  • A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness: It's about a boy who feels invisible, and his mom has cancer. Please tell me how you expected me to not be a giant puddle of tears.
  • Me Before You by Jojo Moyes: I am getting a little teary while I am writing this because this book was amazing. I am so glad that my roommate was gone while I was reading this because I had my box of tissues and cookie dough huddled in the corner of my bed when I was reading this book. It is so beautiful and beautifully written. Please read it.

Tell me what books have made you cry because I enjoy becoming an absolute mess because of books.



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment