Bookstore Exploration | McKay's Used Books


Bookstore Explorations is a post that manifested out of my own excitement to visit my very first independent bookstore.


So this 'un has more of a story with it than the last.

You know how people say "road trips are fun" well I am here to attest to the fact that while fun, they can also be horrific. I got high key lost looking for this god-forsaken bookstore. I drove into the wrong town and somehow Google Maps took me to a dance studio.

(Probably the universe's way of telling me to exercise more and sit around less, but who listens to the universe?)

And unlike most bookstores, this place was thriving. I struggled to find a parking spot in my anxious state, and I have honestly never seen so many people at a bookstore on a Friday night in my entire life.

It made me so happy.

What didn't make me happy was my phone's decision to die whilst I was in the store, hence the three very horrible photos. However, I think you might still be able to see just how many books there are in this store in these two pictures:


I picked up ten amazing books while I was there, but honestly there were so many more that I had to put back on the shelves.

There were entire columns of cubbies dedicated to Divergent, The Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, Percy Jackson, Vampire Academy, and The Mortal Instruments (I may have spent most of my time in the young adult aisle).

They had an amazing selection (however there was an astounding lack of Diana Gabaldon and Sophie Kinsella and Colleen Hoover), and I will definitely go back. Once my bank account recovers from the blow it took that Friday night.

Also, they had an amazing CD/DVD/Vinyl/Comics section that I didn't even touch. (Possible round 2?)

Are there any stores like this in your town? Tell me about them down below!

Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment