(Baby) Blogger's First Independent Bookstore Visit | Starline Books


Sit down, kids, it's story time.

Am I ever going to Barnes and Noble again? No. (Not while I am in college at least.) If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I work at Panera. Naturally (because I am a naturally difficult person to deal with) I don't work at the one five minutes away from my dorm, I work at the one that requires interstate access.

So, one day as I was sitting at a red light on the edge of downtown, I saw this beside me:


then the red light turns green, and I get whiplash trying to figure out which street I am on because I need to get back to this spot. I think I just spotted an independent bookstore.

Fast-forward a week or so, and I have my first Friday night off in what seems like forever. As a bookworm, I had planned to spend the night in while everyone else on my hall went to a party to get turnt. (Is that what the kids call it these days? I wouldn't know because I am a 90 year old stuffed into an 18 year old's body.) Then I remembered that sign Come and Be Literated (A++ to whoever came up with that slogan) and begin madly searching google maps and facebook pages for companies until I found it: Starline Books.


Just look at those shelves. Look at 'em.

The picture on the left is the entrance floor (1st floor), and it houses pretty much all of the literary and contemporary fiction. There is also a small cubbie of graphic novels and comics.* This was the main wall of books, and while they don't have absolutely everything, they will order books in for you! Also, students and educators get a 10% discount at checkout!

*Side note: There is also a cubbie for local authors, one of which is the beloved Victoria Schwab (one of her homes is good old Nashville). 

The picture on the right is the ground floor, where the majority of the children's, MG, and YA books are kept. The boat bookcase houses some outdoors guides and the little island of cubbies in the middle houses MG on one side and non-fiction on the other. And again, while they didn't have everything, the YA and MG shelves were stocked with new releases.


I ended up picking up The Goldfinch by Donna Tart, which came highly recommended to me by the shop owner (currently hitting myself over the head because I can't remember her name) along with Tart's first novel A Secret History.

I am so glad that I found this bookstore, and I will definitely be going back.


Have you visited a local, independent bookstore? If so, tell me all about your experience in the comments below!

Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment