Stacking the Shelves [33]: The One Without Self-Control

Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books that have come into your possession throughout the week, whether it books added to your collection, ebooks, library books, etc. Sunday post is a weekly meme  hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer where bloggers can recap their week, showcase books, and share news.
I would like to preface this haul with the statement that most of these books were picked up through a lack of self control. However, I regret zero of these purchases because used books are hecka cheap. 

The Stack(s)


  • A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY: There is so much love for Libba Bray. She writes like twelve different genres and is apparently amazing at all of them, so naturally I had to pick up this book (it was less than $2, so don't judge me).
  • SHATTER ME & UNITE ME: Let me say this: If you haven't read the Shatter Me trilogy, please, please, please go and pick it up. I was 5 excited when I saw these sitting next to each other. Now all I need to complete my trilogy is Unravel Me.
  • JUST ONE DAY: Everyone who has read this book absolutely loves it. Also I don't have enough contemporaries on my shelves.  
  • MORE THAN THIS: Literally everyone says to go into this book blind. So I will.


  • FINDING AUDREY: I WAS SO SURPRISED TO SEE THIS AT THE USED BOOKSTORE because it came out not too long ago. I was scouring for some of Sophie Kinsella's adult books, and this was the only one that I could find. I haven't heard the best things, but I want to read it for myself.
  • MR. PENUMBRA'S 24-HOUR BOOKSTORE: Okay, this is another that I know not a lot about. It has a pretty cover, and a lot of people own it, and it's about a bookstore. That's all I need.
  • MAGONIA: Everyone seems to not really like this book, but those kinds of books really intrigue me. I may not end up liking it, but I'm going in with zero expectations so maybe I will be okay.
  • LEGACY OF KINGS: Okay, this was another that I was just so shocked to see there that I couldn't leave it there. I have heard amazing things about this, and I am so excited to pick it up.
  • ABOUT GRACE: As I was wandering around the bookstore, I saw All the Light We Cannot See. If you've followed me for a while, you know that I read that in January and absolutely love it. So I went to admire the books as well as see if they had his short story collection (The Shell Collector). They didn't, but I saw this and literally none of the people I am friends with or follow on Goodreads have even added this to their shelves. So, I was intrigued (it was also it was only $1.25).

Elsewhere on the Internet


IT'S HERE. WHAT? IT'S HAPPENING. PLEASE READ THIS BOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. (I have a review here that you can read if you want to know more about the book.)

What I Read This Week


I am currently trying to review put a review together for this book, and it's so difficult because I loved it so much. Also it was amazing. Please pick it up, no matter how scared you are.

When I Wasn't Reading

I was stressing because so many things (sorry for the absence on the blog this past month) are due all at once plus working on weekends leaves zero time to do anything other than schoolwork.

Upcoming

Illuminae Review
Bookstore Exploration
8 Reasons to Read/Re-Read Harry Potter this Christmas

What has been happening in your life this month? What have you been reading or buying? Tell me down in the comments!

Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment