Ten Glorious Authors That I Can't Believe I Haven't Read Before 2015

"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish to share lists (because we love them) about books and bookish things.
I was so excited to see this topic because this is something that I have been consciously keeping track of throughout the year! However, picking favorites was hard (& I cheat a couple of times).

Jojo Moyes / Sophie Kinsella


Two of my newest favorite British authors (who write similar but very different things). I've only read one thing from each of these authors--Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella--but I want to read basically everything ever written by them. Romances for when you want to cry and when you want to laugh.

Victoria Schwab / Amie Kaufman + Jay Kristoff


I like to claim Victoria Schwab as a local author--despite not actually living in Nashville and Victoria halfing her time with London--but I've only read one book by her (Vicious). She has so many backlist books that I want to read (correction: all of them) because I love her writing and her stories.

This is where I cheat a little bit. I loved Illuminae. It was perfect, and it was co-authored by these two wonderful humans (Jay Kristoff is actually hilarious and so proud of what he does, it's fantastic), and I haven't read their individual works so I felt that I had to put them both on this list.

Patrick Ness / Maggie Stiefvater


A Monster Calls was absolutely fantastic and great. I own two of his other works--More Than This and The Rest of Us Just Live Here--and I want to read them ASAP. Now is where I slightly cheat again. I am currently audiobooking The Raven Boys, and I'm over halfway through with it. I wouldn't feel right not putting Maggie Stiefvater on this list.

Morgan Matson / Cassandra Clare


NOW TO THE AUTHORS THAT I'VE READ MORE THAN ONE BOOK FROM!

Honestly, I don't know how I avoided Since You've Been Gone and Amy & Roger's Epic Detour for so long. I'm even more surprised that I avoided City of Bones (and Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince) for as long as I have. Let's move on.

Diana Gabaldon / Tahereh Mafi


AHH. These glorious women. I have no words for the ways that these women's books--Outlander and the Shatter Me Series--have impacted me and my reading life. I am so excited to read on with the Outlander series, and I will forever buy anything that Tahereh Mafi puts out. (I also casually stalk Tahereh and Ransom on Instagram/Twitter because they are the perfect author couple.)

Are you as shocked as I am that I have avoided some of these authors for as long as I have? What authors should I read next year? TELL ME. (Please.)

Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment