Stacking the Shelves: Library and BAM! [3]

Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books that have come into your possession throughout the week.
On Monday, I went shopping. I had been closed up in my house for a week from the snowpocalypse, and Monday was my last day of freedom before returning to school. It was very much needed.


First, I went to my local Books A Million (aka BAM!) and immediately went to the bargain section. Honestly, it's the always the first section I go to. I got four books: Unbroken in hardcover and the other three in paperback. I will admit that the entire reason I bought The Lovely Bones was because I'd never seen this particular cover before.

Unbroken  - Laura Hillenbrand ($7.97)
The Spectacular Now - Tim Tharp ($3.97)
12 Years a Slave - Solomon Northup ($3.97)
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold ($5.97)


After visiting BAM, I went to the library to return the books in February that I've read and finally pay my overdue book fines that have been piling up since July. I walked around to see if Crown of Midnight, These Broken Stars, or The Winner's Curse, but none were. So I walked to leave and saw Vampire Academy on display and grabbed it, and naturally then went upstairs to the graphic novels and saw Black Widow on display and Anya's Ghost on the shelves and picked them up as well.

Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead


I already have this book, but it's mass market with tiny font. I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted a different edition, so I ordered a trade paperback version of my favorite novel. While the version isn't attractive at all (if anyone ever comes across a good version of A Tale of Two Cities, tell me because I want one), it is definitely easier to read than a mass market. 

A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment