Stacking the Shelves: Library Edition

Stacking the shelves is a weekly blog post by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books that have come into your possession this week. This week, I have only gotten library books! Kind of.


This week, I have picked up five books from the library (in two separate trips because of holds and requests of mine that the library has gotten).


In the first visit, I picked up Vicious and Throne of Glass. Now, technically, I picked these up last Friday, but I'm counting it because I can (and this is the first time I've done this). My library is awesome. I requested that they pick up Vicious AND THEY ACTUALLY DID. And whenever the book comes in, if you put your library card number along with the request, they automatically put it on hold for you, so I had no idea when it was going to come in.

I wanted to read Vicious because 1) have heard nothing but praise about this book and 2) Victoria is like a half local author (she often states Nashville as her home). And I wanted to read Throne of Glass because I again have heard nothing but praise, and it seemed genuinely interesting (and it was! full review here!).


Yesterday, another of my holds was available for pickup (Grace's Guide by Grace Helbig). So before heading over to the "hold" shelves (Yeah, this is another really cool thing about my library. I can just come in, pick up my books, and not have to talk to anyone!) I headed upstairs to the graphic novel section to pick up a few. I had to restrain myself from picking up about six graphic novels and picked up the two I was most excited about: Seconds by Bryan Lee O'Malley (I have already reviewed this on Goodreads here)  and The Hound of Baskervilles adapted by Ian Edgington.


And I guess I can count the book I am reading for school: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, which I was given a copy of for the time that we are reading the book.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment