Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi - Review // The One Where I'm Dying


 Okay, this review is most definitely going to have spoilers for the first book in this series, Shatter Me, so go and read that if you haven't already. My review for the first book can be found here.You should also definitely read the novella Destroy Me before reading Unravel Me. All you need to know is that I loved this, and it's a great sequel.

Farewell to all who haven't read Shatter Me!


So this book picks up three weeks after the first book ends. Normally, I am not good with dates, characters mention them once and then they're done and I'm supposed to remember. Well, Juliette mentions it a bunch of times that it's been three weeks since they arrived at Omega Point and three weeks since she shot Warner. At one point three turns to four, so I am 90% sure that this book takes place over 2-3 weeks. 

The first half of this book was slow for me, but that was mainly because I was waiting for Warner to show up. However, if I had known going in that going in, I would have found the first half very interesting because it was super interesting and a lot of cool things happen in this book. 

So many fun and exciting things happen in this book. I couldn't put it down. Which is why I was glad I picked up the digital copy (aka I can have it on my phone and my iPad and take it with me everywhere), even though I really, really want the physical copies of this series (I may have taken a cheeky visit to my Barnes and Noble to pick up Ignite Me yesterday . . .)

While I kind of hated the Adam x Juliette relationship (not because it wasn't Juliette x Warner, but because Adam was keeping secrets from Juliette and many more spoilery things), I absolutely adored the friendship that we see happening between Kenji and Juliette. I want a whole book on Kenji and his life before and after and in-between this series. I just want to know everything about Kenji. Everything.

Also, so many Warnette feels. 

I will say that I am slightly worried about Ignite Me because we haven't really done anything to try and fix the government thus far (kind of), so I don't want Ignite Me to be Mockingjay. Because if Kenji dies . . . I give up.

I AM NOW GOING TO GO INTO A BRIEF SPOILERY SECTION UNDER THIS NEXT PHOTO, SO IF YOU HAVEN'T READ UNRAVEL ME, THEN YOU SHOULD LEAVE BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS TOO GOOD TO GET SPOILED FOR.

I would like to start this off by saying that I was right about Warner. I have honestly never been happier in my entire bookish life because I am always wrong when it comes to predicting things in books. (You should have heard me when I was reading the Divergent series.) But I kept saying that since Adam disabled powers that Warner would be a "sponge" for powers. Yes. My description of his power is a sponge. 

Also, the best that I have been able to come up with as to why I love Warnette so much:

Warnette = Dramione + X-Men

Also, I hate how dismissive Tahereh was of James's power (Oh, and I have a few theories as to Anderson's possible power). Oh. Oh. Oh. That. That made me slightly less okay with Warnette for a while until that night-time scene right before he left.

Oh the feels.

OKAY. THE SPOILERY SECTION IS OVER NOW.

Now, for the Warnette playlists.

       

       

Believe me, I listened to far more than this. You can see all the ones for Warnette here, but I tried to pick ones that have different songs because many of them are the same.
Such a fantastic sequel! I loved it more than the first!


Content: PG-13
Language: Mild - When Kenji is around
Violence: It's there
Sex: A few steamy make-out scenes

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Published: 1 January 2013 by HarperCollins
Format - Pages: eBook - 480
Source: Library
Genre: YA Dystopian Romance
Goodreads - My Goodreads Rating
Buy it! - Kindle, Amazon, Barnes and Noble
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.
Have you read the Shatter Me series? Do you want to? Have you heard about Warnette? Tell me down in the comments! 

Tomes Project

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment