Top 10 Tuesday - Ten Book Related Problems I Have


"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish to share lists (because we love them) about books and bookish things.

  • Buying Books
Isn't this everyone's? Even though one can never really have enough books, one's wallet does.

  • Binge-Watching BookTube Videos
I could be reading. I could be doing productive things, but instead I watch book hauls on YouTube and end up wanting to buy more books. It's a vicious cycle, really.

  • Not Finishing Books
Basically, Book ADD. I'll start one book that I got, then get another one (that I'm more excited about) and forget that I ever started the first one when I put it back on the shelf. Getting more library books and letting the books sit off of the shelves when I haven't finished them has helped with this substantially. 

  • Hoarding Books
In the same boat as "buying books" I never get rid of books I don't want anymore, nor can I bear letting my sister's old books just sit in a box, so I put them on my shelves even though I have no idea what they're about. I need to unhaul books. I really do.

  • Forgetting Library Book Due Dates
I currently have about $3.40 in library fines, and since I don't have to actually talk to anyone at the library (self service stations and a holds shelf not behind the circulation desk) I always forget about paying the fine. I honestly think that fine will end up rolling over to my children (those poor souls).

  • Getting Too Excited
This goes hand in hand with "not finishing books" I can be reading five books at once just because I just keep picking up more books that sound interesting.

  • Over Hyping
I am the worst. Since I binge watch BookTube videos on the weekly, I am constantly putting books on pedestals and setting expectations in my mind that they will never be able to meet. 

  • Cover-Buying
Also known as: Oh, this is a pretty book. I now want to read it without knowing anything. Then, I end up getting distracted by how pretty the cover is that I forget I'm supposed to be reading a book.

  • Trying to Organize My Bookshelf (which isn't really even a bookshelf)
I re-organize my bookshelf at least two to three times a month because I just can't decide what I want to do with my bookshelf because it isn't really even a bookshelf, it's a cabinet.

  • Letting Books Sit Around
Otherwise known as: I was excited about this book when I ordered it, but it took so long getting here that I am no longer excited. I need to wait until I am excited in order to read this book. And then I never do. *cough* The Mime Order *cough*

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment