January Book Haul

Barnes & Noble Adventure:
Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven

Books a Million (from the beautiful bargain section):
The Diviners - Libba Bray
The Rithmatist - Brandon Sanderson
To All the Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han

Book Outlet (Boxing Day sale):
The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon
Cinder - Marissa Meyer

Amazon preorder:
The Mime Order - Samantha Shannon

Thriftbooks:
The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss
A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness



These were going to be the only two full priced books I bought this past month. Well, I almost completed that. I bought these books either the day or the day after All the Bright Places was released. I am proud to say that I have read and reviewed both of these books this month! 



I'm still trying to recover from the ugliness of my cover of The Diviners, but the idea that I got it, essentially, for free is getting me through it. My local Book a Million had a buy 2, get the third free on all bargain books (I had to restrain myself from picking up another copy of Cinder because BookOutlet shipping takes over a month), so I bought these three beauties for nine dollars.


No matter how cheap or how much of a sale is on, I don't think I will buy from BookOutlet ever, ever again. If I do, it will have to be something really, really wonderful that I don't want to read anytime soon. Also, this sale was the reason I bought a full-priced Fangirl at the beginning of this month: I had it in my cart when I made the order, but it apparently was already out of stock and they just didn't tell me. Booo.


I love this cover very much, but I still love The Bone Season cover more. I preordered this book from Amazon because that's how excited about this book I was. However, the excitement has dulled down a bit, and I don't want to read this book when I'm not in the mood for it.


I couldn't have a haul without my beloved Thriftbooks, my favorite bookshop (albeit used bookshop, though you know how I loved used books) online. Now, you might be wondering why I bought the picture-less, UK A Monster Calls instead of the beautiful, illustrated version. Almost all of the praise I've heard regarding this book was not surrounding the story, but the pictures. So I wanted to truly review the story. Also, the cover is gorgeous; I mean look at it. I bought this "like new" and it practically is (while there is some damage on the sides of the pages, but I blame s&h). My The Name of the Wind was "very good" and it is, despite a tiny tear on the cover which I'm fine with.
Hope you all have a wonder day. See you all soon with another blog post soon!
Happy Reading!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment