2015 Mid-Year Book Freak Out [Tag + Goal Update]


I would love to do this annually. I saw Sara @ SaraWithoutAnH do this tag on her YouTube channel. Obviously, I loved it enough to want to do it here for you guys. I also wanted to recap some of my goals from the beginning of the year and see how it's going. 

TAG QUESTIONS:

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015.


I absolutely adored this book. I tried to read this book multiple times after the movie was released because I loved it so much. And I hated reading it because I'm a grammar nazi and I just wanted to fix everything. The audiobook was my savior. I highly recommend this audiobook for people that want to start listening to audiobooks. This was the first ever complete audiobook that I've listened to, and it was amazing. Clearly.

(Review)

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.


If this was best finale/series ender, Ignite Me would have taken the cake. I really enjoyed Shatter Me as a series starter, but Unravel Me was an amazing sequel and didn't suffer from the typical YA "second book syndrome" where nothing happens.

(Review)

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.


I don't buy graphic novels or comic book collections. I don't know why. I just don't. I requested this from my library before it even came out, and they haven't sent a response to the request yet.

Current status: dying.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.


Of my "top 5 most anticipated preorders" this is the one I will actually buy because 1) rave reviews are insanely rave-y and 2) the blue part glows in the dark. Yes, please.

5. Biggest disappointment.


I fell in love with the first few volumes of All-New X-Men and wanted to dive into another series of X-Men things. This was available. Needless to say, it was a horrible disappointment.

(Review)

6. Biggest surprise.


As many of you know, I was not a fan of Throne of Glass (hides from the pitchforks), though I do want to pick up Crown of Midnight soon. I had heard from people (basically all of them loved ToG) that this was their favorite book of the year. I wanted to pick it up based on these reviews, but wasn't expecting a lot from it. While it definitely wasn't my favorite book of the year, it was amazing and I need the sequel now.

(Review)

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)


I loved this duology. It's insanely cute, and I need to pick up the Summer Trilogy ASAP.

8. Newest fictional crush.


Levi is an attainable, realistic boy that I'm in love with.

(Review)

9. Newest favorite character.


Warner was almost my answer for the previous question, but I did not want to do duplicate answers. Juliette is a very, very close second but Warner is everything. I mean, look at all of those tabbies. Clearly, I loved this book. This series is amazing. I have reviews for the whole series.

(I, II, III)

10. Book that made you cry.


I had to read this book for school, and I am so happy I did.

Also, I almost made it out of reading/listening to this book without crying.

ALMOST.

The last 75-ish pages ruined me.

(Review)

11. Book that made you happy.


So many books have made me happy, but I just wanted to pick the most recent book that made me happy. This is my new favorite graphic novel, bumping Seconds out of it's first place position.

Diversity, dragons, science, nemeses!

This is everything you could ever want in a graphic novel.

(Review)

12. Favorite book to film television adaptation you saw this year.


I only watched the first half of the season just because I wasn't comfortable watching all the nudity and the sex. It was, however, beautifully done.

Also, I honestly think it was the only adaptation I've seen other than Insurgent this year. This was the clear winner.

(Review)

13. Most beautiful book you bought or received so far this year


I cannot express in words 1) how much I loved this book and 2) how happy I am that I got the blue, unstickered version of this book. There are no words. Just look at it. Also, I got it for $10.

14. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?


I hate saying that I need to read anything, but these five are top priority for the rest of 2015.

ORIGINAL 2015 GOALS:

  1. Read 52 books - 64/52
  2. Read 5 books that are 500 pages or more - 4/5
  3. Reread 10 books (including the Harry Potter series) - 5/10
  4. Read more new-to-me authors - 18 so far!
  5. Read 3 classics - 0/3
  6. TBR Jar Challenge - 5/12
  7. Popsugar Challenge - 39/50
So, I'm super proud of all the reading I've done this year. It may be a little late, but I tag whoever wants to do this tag to do it! Good luck!

Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment