Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - Book Review


If it wasn't for #RYBSAT, I would have bought and read Destroy Me  and Unravel Me  by now.
The all-seeing eye disapproves if you haven't read this book yet.

But really, this book is such a fun time. I never wanted to stop reading it. I wanted to keep drinking in Mafi's writing (which she puts in tiny chapters so that you have to keep going and never get bored), which was easy with it being on my iPad. For me, it was the best way to get drawn into this world of the Reestablishment because if the book is good, I read faster on my iPad. If it's not, I usually never pick it back up.

I hated Adam. I already like Warner more, even though he his a psycopath, and I can tell he is endgame. Why? Because Adam a creepy, Edward Cullen-like, flat, personality-less character. The only time we ever really see him with emotions at all is at the end when we see him with James.

Also, I want to see more of Kenji. We only see him at the very end, and I definitely will be angry if we don't see him in Unravel Me.  We better see him in Unravel Me.  

Mafi kept me guessing the entire book about why Juliette is able to touch a certain someone . . . and I was continually wrong.  But now I (kind of) know why, so it's okay.

I love Warner. I hate Warner.

Neither of these boys are appealing to me. This is an issue because this is basically a YA Dystopian-Romance. Maahh. I don't know what to feel.

THIS IS A BRIEF AND VERY VAGUE SPOILERY SECTION BECAUSE I HAVE THINGS I NEED TO TALK ABOUT.

I was kind of upset, but simultaneously not when I read the past couple chapters. When I found out that there was this whole underground society of people "like" Juliette, I was really happy because that now means that Juliette is no longer the YA heroine that is oh-so-different, but part of larger community of people with powers. SO AWESOME. But then I was like, "Wait a minute. This is familiar."  Because it's X-Men. Juliette is Rogue. Castle is Professor X. She has the outfit and everything. SO NOT AWESOME.

Also, all of the kissing with Adam and Juliet was uncomfortable and I hated it. Because I hate Adam. He's horrible. Warnette for the win.

SPOILERY SECTION OVER.


Read it.
Content: PG-13
Language: Very Little
Violence: Mild
Sex: None, but there are a few steamy make-out scenes

YES! I totally would have already devoured the first novella and Unravel Me  if I wasn't currently participating in RYBSAT.


Shatter Me  by Tahereh Mafi (Shatter Me Trilogy #1)
Published: 15 November 2011 by HarperCollins
Format - Pages: eBook - 357
Source: Library
Genre: Young Adult Dystopian
I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


Have you read Shatter Me?  Let's be real, you probably have. I'm the last person to have read this book. Also, if any of you know how to do the click-through spoiler links, tell me down below. No spoilers for the rest of the series, please!

Happy Reading!

Tomes Project

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment