Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - Review // I'm Actually Dying This Time


THIS REVIEW WILL HAVE SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST TWO BOOKS IN THIS TRILOGY, SHATTER ME AND UNRAVEL ME. 

KNOW THAT THIS WAS MY FAVORITE OF THE SERIES, THAT YOU SHOULDN'T READ THE FRACTURE ME NOVELLA. THIS SERIES IS A 4.5 STAR SERIES FOR ME. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.


I ran out of sticky tabs. I had my mom go and find me more sticky tabs. I almost had a breakdown.

I also had to wait a whole weekend to write this review because oh my goodness the feels and the emotions were too much.

Let's talk about the only real problem I had with this book. Remember how in Mockingjay the beginning is incredibly slow and everything happens in the last 75 pages and it all happens so fast that you have to read it twice? This was nowhere near as slow (actually it was very interesting and lovely and wonderful) in the beginning, but it has that same kind of ending where it all happens so very quickly and we don't really know where the government is by the end.

Also, I wanted an epilogue that said my OTP lived happily ever after.

However, those were such minor problems that  they were hardly even problems.


Let's discuss the main thing that I loved in this book (but also throughout the entire series): Juliette's character development. To all of you who hated the strikeouts: they're gone in this book. It's a visual representation of her character development throughout the series (which I honestly strive for in my personal life). She has the most wonderful character development, and we really see how Juliette has come into her own in this book. It's beautiful.

Speaking of beautiful, let's talk about Warner. Now, I don't want to say that his character developed in this book because he doesn't really develop, which is not a bad thing. It just means that his character has always been developed, but his character is incredibly fleshed out in this novel and we the readers finally get to see that through Juliette's eyes.

I love Kenji. My love for him is never ending. I want a whole book on Kenji. I want to know everything about him, absolutely everything, and I don't think I can ever know too much about him.

James is wonderful.

I wouldn't mind if Adam tripped into a puddle and drowned.

I'm glad that this is the one that I own a physical copy of because if I had to choose one of the three to reread forever, it would be this one.

Have you read this series? Have you picked up Ignite Me? What was your favorite element of this story? Tell me down in the comments!

Tomes Project

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment