Top 5 Wednesday - Series You Want to Start This Year


The Lunar Chronicles - Marissa Meyer

This quartet is a set of fairytale retellings with a twist. Much of it is set in space, and Cinder (aka Cinderella) is a cyborg mechanic. Scarlet aka Little Red Riding Hood. Cress aka Rapunzel. These three -soon to be four- heroines all share the same enemy, Queen Levana. I believe that they are trying to overthrow Queen Levana from her reign. The fourth book, Winter, is going to be released late in 2015. The prequel is set to be released in the Winter/Spring of 2015. Read more in my top five releases here.

Goodreads: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter, & Fairest


The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy - Laini Taylor

Everything that surrounds this trilogy, to me at least, oozes mystery. I don't know very much about it at all except that a lot of people rave about it. I know that it follows an art student named Karou who lives in Prague. And I believe that she lives with her uncle. This trilogy is high fantasy, and I think I want to go into this trilogy blind.

Goodreads: Daughter of Smoke & Bone, Days of Blood & Starlight, and Dreams of Gods & Monsters



The Heroes of Olympus - Rick Riordan

This series is a continuation/companion/spin-off series of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (see my series review here). I originally thought that this series was a few years after the end of The Last Olympian; however, I recently discovered that the events of The Lost Hero take place only a few months afterwards. This series follows different characters set in the same world. I do believe that this series technically follows the Roman gods and their children. I am super excited to read this and see bits and pieces of the characters I know and love from the original series.

Goodreads: The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades, The Blood of Olympus



The Throne of Glass Series - Sarah J. Maas

This is a high fantasy series (not yet completed) that follows what has been described as a kick-butt series that follows a kick-butt assassin named Celaena Sardothien. Celaena is 18-years-old and has been training to be the royal assassin. She has been chosen and taken to the Crowned Prince, Prince Dorian, to be his assassin. If she succeeds in beating her opponents, she will serve the kingdom for three years and be granted her freedom. I'm scared to look more into it because I don't want to be spoiled. There are currently three books in the sereies. The Assassin's Blade is a bind-up of prequel novellas in this same world. I think I will read them in order of publication.

Goodreads: Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, and The Assassin's Blade

 


The Giver Quartet - Lois Lowry

I'm counting this one even though I've already read The Giver and (possibly) Gathering Blue because I read them six years ago and hardly remember anything. This is a quartet of companion dystopian novels. I don't really want to know more than that when diving into them because sometimes not knowing is the best way to go into a series.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment