All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven




All The Bright Places
- Jennifer Niven

Published: 6 January 2015 - Knopf

Pages: 384 (Hardcover)

Genre: YA Contemporary

Goodreads Rating: 4.29/5







My Rating:


98/100

Amazon Summary:
The Fault in Our Stars meets Eleanor and Park in this exhilarating and heart-wrenching love story about a girl who learns to live from a boy who intends to die.

Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something goo, no matter how small, stops him.

Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister's recent death. 

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it's unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the "natural wonders" of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It's only with Violet that Finch can be himself -a weird, funny live-out-loud guy who's not such a freak after all. And it's only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink.
My Thoughts:
Oh. My. Goodness. This was lovely and beautiful and gripping and heart-wrenching and life-changing. To quote Sarah Churchill, the BookTuber that very much made me want to read this book, "Every now and then you find a book that not only makes you think, but changes the way you look at the world. 'All the Bright Places' . . . is one of those books. It will stay with me, forever."

I think more than anything it's both Finch and Violet that will stick with me. That's part of what I so absolutely adored about this book. That, though it is told in dual-perspective and usually that means you like one character more than another, I fell in love with both of their flawed characters. 

I will put it out there that this book does deal with dark topics, but Jennifer Niven deals with the topic of suicide, suicide victims, suicide survivors, and those that suicide leaves behind very well because she's had experience with the topic. I think everyone should read this book about two tragic teenagers who are about to graduate high school because All the Bright Places truly changed the way I see the world. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment