Stacking the Shelves [16]: I'm Going on a Book-Buying Ban!



Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books that have come into your possession throughout the week, whether it books added to your collection, ebooks, library books, etc. Sunday post is a weekly meme  hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer where bloggers can recap their week, showcase books, and share news.
**all goodreads links are available through the picture of the cover**

Target

 

So, I went to Target to get travel-sized things for my trip to Peru (YAY!) and walked out with two books (yay?). I was really shocked to see Very Good Lives  sitting on the shelf for 30% off, and I have been contemplating snagging it off amazon. Clearly, I had to buy it. I was going to pick up a different book (the collector's edition of Fangirl ) when I saw this cover of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl , which I weirdly like more than the original.

Wal-Mart

 

I went to Wal-Mart to . . . I don't remember because I think I literally was just around a Wal-Mart and decided to see what books they had (because books are never list price and I am cheap). I saw P.S. I Still Love You , and I immediately snatched it off the shelves. At this point, I hadn't read To All the Boys I've Loved Before , so I picked this one up solely on how much people recommend the first (and I'm incredibly glad I did). And I just picked up The Last Time We Say Goodbye  on a complete whim. 

Library

   

So, I had one  book on hold at the library and ended up picking out three extra graphic novels for me to read. I'm not sure that I understand I'm going to Peru in, like, two days. I am, however, slowly making my way through these books and am probably just going to keep them until I get home in two weeks.

Life Update

So, as you can tell from the title of this post, I have decided to go on a three month book-buying ban. In my personal opinion, I have been acquiring/buying more books than I can read. Also, I want to save my money for the books that I really want to read. Here comes the exception to my ban: I can buy two books in August and one of them will be The Rest of Us Just Live Here  by Patrick Ness. The other book can be whatever I have been really wanting, at this moment, it's Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy.  So, my STS posts will be more sparse these next three months. I will still get library books and the occasional book for review, but I won't be adding any more books to my shelves. 

Also, I will not be at my home for the subsequent two weeks. I have a handful of posts scheduled to go up while I am away, but I probably won't be able to reply to comments (Booo!) or comment on other blogger's posts (BOOO!). So, if you guys see a post that you REALLY think I should see when I get back, leave it in the comments section. 

Thank you for all of your support!

You Might Have Missed

Upcoming

(for the next two weeks)

My Month in Tomes: May 2015 (Monthly Wrap-Up)
Landline  by Rainbow Rowell - Book Review
5 Favorite Books So Far This Year
Taylor Swift Mash-Up Book Tag
Top 10 Tuesday: Most Anticipated Releases for the 2nd Half of 2015
To All the Boys I've Loved Before  and P.S. I Still Love You  by Jenny Han: Joint Review

Elsewhere on the Internet

Josh Sundquist defaces my favorite Harry Potter book:



and I may or may not have had a heart attack while watching this. It was bad.


What books did you get this week or what do you think of the ones I've gotten? Also, give me tips on how to survive this book-buying ban!

Happy Reading!

Tomes Project

1 comment on "Stacking the Shelves [16]: I'm Going on a Book-Buying Ban!"
  1. Did you know you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and earn $$$$ for every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete