My Life in Books | Tag


I saw this tag on Lauren @ Bookmark Lit's blog and, being a starved-for-ideas college student, wanted to do this tag. This tag was so much fun. I couldn't find the original tag, but I loved the questions and had to do it for myself.


Find a book for each of your initials:


M | Missoula by Jon Krakauer
G | Giant Days by John Allison
W | When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

I wanted to pick some books that I have actually read and liked because this is my name, the essence of my physical person. Picking a book for G was easy, but there are not enough books that start with M and W. 



Count your age along your bookshelf. What book is it?


The Perks of Being a Wallflower | I actually just bought this from a local used bookstore because I've wanted to reread this for some time. I loved this book when I read it absolutely ages ago and (controversial opinion) don't really like the movie (except Ezra Miller, he's a gem). This is probably the first book I ever read with queer characters, so it has a special place in my heart.

Pick a book set in your city/state.


Dress Codes for Small Towns | There are not a lot of books that take place in Tennessee, much less Nashville-area, Middle Tennessee so this one was actually pretty difficult. Most of Dress Codes takes place in a small town in Kentucky, but there are a couple of points in this book when the group will drive down to Nashville. I'm counting it.

Pick a book that represents a destination you'd love to visit.


The Shadow of the Wind | SPAIN. BARCELONA. I haven't read this book, but it takes place in 1940s Spain, and there is nowhere I'd rather travel in the entire world than Spain so that I can put my in-progress Spanish degree to work.

Pick a book that's your favorite color.


Exit West | Like most adults, I don't have a singular favorite color. I like black, but that's not a very fun answer. So, I picked Exit West which has some of my favorite hues of blue and also has some beautiful typography.



Which book do you have the fondest memories of?


The Invention of Hugo Cabret | In middle school, I was the nerd that volunteered to work in the school library and shelve books during our ''homeroom period" because it combined a few of my favorite things: books and being relatively alone. At the end of the year, all of the student volunteers got to skip class and hang out and eat in the library. The librarians surprised us all with brand new copies of this book. It was the first time I ever remember being properly gifted a book, bow and all, and I read it four times in a row because I loved it so much.


Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?


The Scarlet Letter | The Puritans are not the most exciting people, nor is it the most exciting period in American history. This is a book I had to read for a class in high school and, admittedly, the only book I never fully finished for a class.


Which book on your TBR pile will give you the biggest sense of accomplishment when you finish it?


Anna Karenina | Not only is this book massive in page count, but also in density because it's a novel by a Russian author with so much Russian political and cultural influences and references. I've started this book a few times now, but always stop about 100 pages in because I have the attention of a squirrel and get distracted by new, shiny books.

Have you done this tag? Tell me down in the comments your favorite book that starts with one of your initials!


Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment