Auto-Read Authors | Monthly Recommendations

A few of my favorite people, Trina @ Between Chapters and Kayla @ Kayla Rayne, run a monthly recommendations group over on Goodreads. This month we're discussing our auto-read/buy authors. Naturally, I have separated this by novelists and comic book authors.

NOVELISTS



  • VICTORIA/V.E. SCHWAB: Some of my all-time favorite books are from Victoria, so naturally, she has to be first on this list. The Shades of Magic trilogy, the Monsters of Verity duology, and (my personal favorite) Vicious. I will read anything and everything she releases until the end of time.
  • AMIE KAUFMAN & JAY KRISTOFF: Kaufman and Kristoff are basically inseparable at this point. Whether they're writing together or separately, I love what they release. They both have their hands in so many different series that they're dominating my TBR pile at the moment. 
  • BECKY ALBERTALLI: While I haven't read Upside yet, Becky joined this list halfway through my first read of Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda because she writes the most vivid and amazing characters throughout her novels. 
  • SANDHYA MENON: I adored When Dimple Met Rishi when I read it this month, and I actually got to meet her when she was touring for its release. She's lovely and wonderful and so, so nice. I loved her writing, and a fantastic personality and presence will immediately put an author on my auto-read list.
  • ALICE OSEMAN: Another author that I've only read one book from, but Radio Silence absolutely captivated me when I read it a few months ago. I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I still need to pick up her previous book, Solitaire, but I'm definitely going to be following her future works.
  • RAINBOW ROWELL: Rowell's books aren't my favorite. Some of them are, but others just aren't for me. However, I do love her writing style and (most of) the characters she creates. 
  • LEIGH BARDUGO: Bardugo is not only fantastic at creating worlds but also phenomenal at crafting some of my all-time favorite characters. I'm still mid-Grisha trilogy, but Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom have sold me on the rest of her works for all time.
  • COURTNEY C. STEVENS: Courtney is another of those "I met the author before I read the book" situations that made me fall in love with the author and subsequently read and adore their books. She's fantastic and wonderful both on the page and off. 
  • J.K. ROWLING: I mean, does this really need an explanation? Despite my indifference towards the Fantastic Beasts movie and my nearly 100% hatred of Cursed Child, I will always be invested in what Rowling is doing next.


COMIC BOOK AUTHORS 



  • NOELLE STEVENSON: Nimona and Lumberjanes are two of my favorite non-novel works in existence. While she's no longer working on Lumberjanes, it's still one of my favorite series and Stevenson's stamp on those characters is still there. She also is a fantastic illustrator. Everything she does is wonderful.
  • JOHN ALLISON: Fighting for my favorite comic series against Lumberjanes is Giant Days, which is written by John Allison. It's so wonderful and definitely my favorite contemporary comic out there. I'm definitely going to be following his work for a while.
  • KELLY SUE DECONNICK: DeConnick was one of the biggest writers for Captain Marvel in the past five (maybe more?) years. I adore how she wrote Carol Danvers. I have a bit of backlist to work through of hers, but I'm definitely following her future endeavors as well. 

Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment