The Most Magical Book Tag | Harry Potter Spells


Accio: the summoning charm. An upcoming release you cannot wait to get your hands on.



I have a ridiculous amount of love for Jay Kristoff and I would basically give you my left arm for this book.

Alohamora: the unlocking charm. Favorite series starter.



Clockwork Angel is a fantastic first book in a series. While the second book is by far my favorite, and the third definitely is my least favorite, Clockwork Angel is the happy medium of this trilogy that made me feel so many things.

Cheering Charm. A book that gave you all the warm fuzzies.



So many feelings. Cute dogs. Cute boy. Cute friendship. Cute story. Cute, cute, cute.


Aguamenti: the water-making spell. A book that made you ugly cry.



Do I need to explain this? Do I really?

Expecto Patronum: the patronus charm. A bookish hero/ine you'd want around to protect you in real life.



Rhysand. Azriel. Cassian. Any of the bastard Illyrian warriors will do just fine, thank you. I'll take one, or them all.


Lumos: creates light. A book you intentionally spoiled yourself for.



I would hardly call it "spoiling myself" when what I went searching for wasn't really explained at all anyway. I watched spoilery book reviews on YouTube about halfway through the book because I couldn't take not understanding why Emma and Julian couldn't fall in love other than "it's the law."

I basically spent 500 pages doing a horrible Magnus impression every time someone said "The law is hard, but it is the law." Because, let's be real, the Blackthorne family motto is "A bad law is no law" so . . .


Imperio: the imperius curse. A book you wish you could make everyone read.


   

Two very important books--a YA fiction and a non-fiction--on rape culture and rape cases. If you're looking for information and well-written books.

Engorgio: engorgement charm. A book series you wish never ended.



Technically, yes, this is cheating because it isn't a series. However, it totally should be a series. There are zero books, save for Harry Potter (but that's basically cheating with this tag), that I wish never ended. (Plus, we're getting Cursed Child and the Fantastic Beasts screenplay/movie, so it's not really over.)

Wingardium Leviosa: levitation charm. A book with an uplifting mood or message.



Oh, look, another Rainbow Rowell book. What a surprise! (Not.) This book is so feel-good and beyond relatable. I'm here for it.

Obliviate: memory charm. A book you wish you could forget you ever read.



Another question that I don't really like because, well, even though I've read some pretty horrible books in my time, there are none that I wish I hadn't read. I will say, however, that The Circle by Dave Eggers is the worst book I've read in my entire life. I don't recommend reading it, even if you are a dystopia/utopia lover.

Anapneo: clears the target's airways. An author whose books always get you out of a slump.



Now, I've only read one of Sophie Kinsella's books, but it was amazing. It was especially great as an audiobook, and I flew through it while in the middle of a chaotic first semester at college and work life. Top notch rom-com in a book. Highly recommend if you're feeling a slump coming on.

(Also, really any kind of audiobook will pull me out of an oncoming slump because usually when I'm in a slump it means I just don't want to physically read.)

Jelly Legs Jinx. A swoon-worthy hero/ine.


see also: Expecto Patronum

Why do you think I would want Illyrian warriors to protect me over people with magic? (A: They all happen to be very attractive.)

Arresto Momentum: slows down the target. A book that caused you to drop everything and read it.



I speed-read this series like it was no one's business. I got the first two at the same time from my library's overdrive, and when I finished Unravel Me, I immediately--and quite literally--dropped all of my plans and drove to Barnes and Noble (because it was like 8 PM, and my BN closed at 9 PM with a half an hour drive from my house to the store) to pick up Ignite Me, which my library didn't have immediately for check out.

Crucio: the cruciatus curse. A book that was painful to read.



I'm not finished with it yet, so put down your pitchforks. But there are so many grammatical errors and wrongly worded sentences/phrases that it's actually astounding that a copy editor didn't pick up on them.

Additionally, the lack of plot is also increddibly painful. (A parent dying of cancer is not a plot, I don't care what you say.)

Rictumsempra: the tickling charm. A book that made you laugh out loud.



This one of my all-time favorite books. And Mark Watney is one of the funniest characters that I've ever read. This book is so uplifting, but I wanted to save this book for this question because, man, Mark is funny and I've read very few truly hilarious characters in my time as a reader.

Expelliarmus: disarming charm. A book that made you want to send it flying.


As in I hated the ending and/or was generally frustrated with the book?


I actually threw this book on the ground when I was reading it, so while that is the opposite of flying it definitely fits the question. I stand by the fact that Clare took a cheap-shot, people-pleasing ending with this book. I do not like feeling manipulated (I mean, writers can make us feel for their characters, but this was just ridiculous.), and I think Clare took the easy way out rather than upsetting fans.

Portus: turns and object into a porkey. Bookish world you wish you could visit.



LET'S SEE HOW MANY QUESTIONS I CAN ANSWER WITH ACOMAF. (There have been more; I'm actually holding back quite a bit.) But honestly, take me to Velaris (preferably after the events of this book) and I'll just live there forever. Thank you.

Stupefy: stunning spell. A book with a shocking twist or ending.


I'm going to start a movement. It's called "Let's Not Tell People Books That Have Plot Twists" because . . . oh, I don't know, then it ruins the shocking plot twist?

Avada Kadavra: the killing curse. A character death that destroyed you.


I'm going to start a movement. It's called "Let's Not Tell People Books That Have Shocking Character Deaths" because . . . oh, I don't know, then it ruins the impact of the character death?

Finite Incantatum: terminates all spells in the area. Best series conclusion.



Deathly Hallows has been and always will be the answer to this question.

Have you done this tag? No? *punches you in the chest* Well, now you're tagged! Share your answers with me down below! Also, let me know if you dis/agree with any of my answers!


Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment