Top 10 Books of the Year (So Far!)

"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish to share lists (because we love them) about books and bookish things.
 Technically, I have 11 books, but one is a series that I haven't finished so I just put both up there.

      

Maus - 10
All the Light We Cannot See - 9 
The Book Thief - 8 - review

I love historical fiction. So much. Maus was great, but it's style definitely wasn't my favorite. All of these novels are special to me because they are about a side that we normally see regarding World War II (Maus), a side that I'd never heard about (All the Light We Cannot See) and a side that we dismiss (The Book Thief).

      

Fangirl - 7 - My favorite lighthearted contemporary that I have read so far this year (a close second was To All the Boys I've Loved Before). I think that this is the only book this year that I have read in less than 24 hours. Read more of my thoughts.

Seconds - 6 - My favorite graphic novel that I have read this year. I have a very old review if you want to check that out as well.

All the Bright Places - 5 - I cannot tell you how much I loved this book. Notice how I said Fangirl was my favorite lighthearted contemporary. This book is dual-perspective following two Seniors and mental illness. Another old review for this one.

      

The Shatter Me trilogy (Unravel Me is my favorite so far) - 4 - I have a review coming up for Unravel Me later this week, so if you want to read my thoughts on that you will have to wait, but here are some thoughts about the first in the series. I cannot explain how wonderful this series is.

The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 1: The Faust Act - 3 - My new favorite comic book series (tied closely with Lumberjanes), this is a series about series about gods that appear on earth every 90 years. They are alive for a short period of time, and then they die. It's amazing. Highly recommend (if you don't mind a bit of language).

   

The Help - 2
Outlander - 1

I can't explain how much I love these two. Read reviews here and here.

What is your favorite read of the year? Tell me down below!

Tomes Project

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment