Mini Reviews: Graphic Novels





Black Widow, Vol. 1: The Finely Woven Thread

For a volume of comics, the first half of this didn't have a lot of action. However, I was perfectly fine with this because of how much Natasha's character was fleshed out during the first three issues of this volume. And to start off with, I was reading this volume not for the action sequences, but for Natasha's character. Also, I want to touch on the art in this book. I believe that it stays true to comic style, but the artist has put his unique (and very lovely) twist on it, crossing over lines and drawing outside of it altogether. I loved the art in this collection, and I overall highly recommend this to anyone who has an interest in the Black Widow and her story.

Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol


I really enjoyed this. Definitely very creepy. The black, white, and purple color scheme made it all the more haunting and serious. If it had been in color, I think it would have looked more fun and lighthearted than it was. Anya definitely wasn't my favorite character, but I felt she was very realistic in her actions, especially for a high school girl. The plot was definitely gripping, and I read this much quicker than I was anticipating just because I was so drawn in and enchanted by the story.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment