Reading challenges! I am all for fun reading challenges, especially in the summer, when I have time to do them. This one is hosted by the lovely ladies at Pretty Deadly Reviews and Reading with a Vengeance for the entire month of July.
It's based on the idea of library summer reading programs: set yourself a goal, win prizes!
A few key things about this program:
- There's no requirement! Set your own weekly goals, and then check in every Sunday on whether or not you met your goal.
- Sign up with a post (it can be a blog post, a tweet, a tumblr post, anything!) and use the link-up on either of the above mentioned blogs!
- On July 1st, the ladies are going to announce a prize pack. To gain entries, use the rafflecopter on either of their linked posts.
- Twitter chat! These are always so much fun! I always come out of Twitter chats with so many tabs open of new blogs and people to follow all across the internet. There will be one for this on June 30th @ 8PM EST (#BloggerSRP)
- You don't have to be a blogger, you just have to read!
Ideally, I would like to read all of these books by the end of the month of July. I don't have to read them one a week or at all, but I want to set myself the goal of reading all of these books (especially Grisha and Six of Crows) even if I don't accomplish it.
But really, my official goal is to read 1 book a week! I don't have a lot going on in June (yay summer break!) and I'm not even working a summer job. I think I can knock this out fairly easily.
Knowing me, I will probably get into some inescapable reading slump and only read one book in July, but let's not jinx it, okay? *knocks on wood* But I did want to set my standards low because I always set impossible standards for myself and then hit myself for not finishing them.
I also want to make sure that I review every single book that I read throughout the month! (Excluding novellas and graphic novels/comics.)
Are you going to participate in this? What is the goal that you've set yourself? Let me know down in the comments!