Back to School Library Book Haul! | STS

Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books that have come into your possession throughout the week, whether it books added to your collection, ebooks, library books, etc. Sunday post is a weekly meme  hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer where bloggers can recap their week, showcase books, and share news.

So, the public library just a couple streets away from my university is absolutely amazing. It's four floors of amazing, and there are new corners and nooks that I discover every time that I walk in. Unlike my library back home, they have a whole section just for YA and MG books instead of mixing them in with the adult books. This makes it so much easier to browse for books that I want to read (and end up walking out with 12 books tucked underneath my arms and in my tote bag).



  • SIX OF CROWS: I've come to accept the fact that I won't finish Siege and Storm, Ruin and Rising, and Six of Crows before the release of Crooked Kingdom. So, I've decided to just aim to read SoC before the sequel's release. However, neither my hometown library nor the library in my college town has the e-Audio of this. Now I need to figure out how to speed up an iTunes audio . . . or suffer through 16 very slow hours.
  • EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE: I haven't seen this movie, but one of my challenges for the year is to read a book to movie adaptation. The movie stars Tom Hanks (so I'm sure it'll be fantastic), and I have it back at home. Also, I have heard positively wonderful things about this book and would love to read it. 
  • CARRY ON: I read this last year when it came out; however, I did not bring it with me to school, and I've been feeling the urge to reread it (especially after the disaster of Cursed Child). The link will lead you to my review if you want to know all of my fangirling thoughts. 
  • THE KISS OF DECEPTION, THE HEART OF BETRAYAL: Even though I doubt that I'll get to both of these, I went ahead and picked the pair up. With the recent release of the third book, my intrigue for this series has once again peaked.


  • ERAGON: I am reading this right now, and frankly I am shocked that I haven't read it earlier. I vaguely remember my sister reading it in high school. (They read it for a class and got extra credit for seeing the movie in theaters . . . yes, she's old.) And I've always kind of been interested in it because dragons and not just dragons sentient dragons. My favorite kind of dragons. Jean and Trina have both recently recommended this series, so when I saw it on the shelves, I immediately grabbed it.
  • AND I DARKEN: TBH I probably won't read this before returning it. I just saw it and was like "I'll totally be in the mood to finish this!" . . . This was before I saw the entire Inheritance Cycle in the library.
  • THE SIGN OF FOUR (GRAPHIC NOVEL): I was so happy to see this there! I really enjoyed the first two in this graphic novel series (The Hound of the Baskervilles, A Study in Scarlet) of Doyle's work
  • SPIDER-GWEN, VOL. 1: GREATER POWER: 4 stars! I have already read this and really enjoyed it! This is the first official volume in the Spider-Gwen series, although reading volume 0 is a must! If you've ever watched any of the Spiderman movies and laughed at Peter Parker's sense of humor, pick this up. If you're new to Marvel, this takes place in an alternate universe, so you don't really need to know any Marvel background . . . and you should pick this up. Everyone should read this series.
  • CIVIL WAR: I saw the movie. Now that the hype has died down and the trade was available for checkout, I grabbed it quick as I could because this story fascinates me. I know a bit of comic story and what was changed for the movie, so I am excited to read it for myself.
  • DOCTOR STRANGE, VOL. 1: THE WAY OF THE WEIRD: The movie is coming out, and I literally know nothing about Doctor Strange. I want to know at least a little going into the movie.

What books have you picked up recently? Tell me down in the comments!


Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment