June TBR | 2016 (ft. #TomeTopple)

The Stack


Ahhh. It's ambitious, I know, but what am if not over-ambitious?

Tome Topple

This is a readathon that will take place from June 5th (midnight) to June 19th (11:59pm) and is all about big books (500+ pages)! There are a few challenges, but none of the challenges are required, just there for a little extra fun or inspiration.

1. Read more than one tome (500+ pages) 
2. Take a graphic novel break (doesn't need to be over 500 pages!)
3. Read a tome that is part of a series 
4. Read over 500 pages in one week 
5. Read an adult novel

For this readathon, I am planning on reading The Name of the Wind and The Unexpected Everything as both of them are over 500 pages, and they will fulfill challenges 1, 3, & 5! I also have quite the collection of All-New X-Men/Guardians of the Galaxy comics out from the library right now, so I will probably end up reading those at some point during the two weeks, which will meet challenge number 2!

Sam's VideoBlog Post

The Rest

  • Everland by Wendy Spinale: This came in the May Owlcrate! It sounds like absolutely nothing I've ever read before, so I really want to give this one a shot!
  • The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater: It is absolutely ridiculous that I haven't finished this book yet. Ridiculous, I say! I love TRC, and I got this book the day it came out. If I don't finis this book by the end of June, I will be ashamed of myself. 
  • The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon: This book has so many of my buzzwords that I find it insane that I have put off reading this for so long. It's a book set in 1940s Barcelona, and someone is slowly destroying an author's entire works. Again, no excuses.
  • Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo: I got this book from the lovely Rachel @ NerdHerdReads as part of a Bookish Secret Santa exchange. I read and enjoyed the first one, and I really want to finish the trilogy this summer so that I can get to Six of Crows before Crooked Kingdom releases. 
What books are you reading this month? Are we reading any of the same books? Tell me down in the comments!

Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment