Stacking the Shelves & Sunday Post [11]: I Did a Half Marathon!

Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books that have come into your possession throughout the week, whether it books added to your collection, ebooks, library books, etc. Sunday post is a weekly meme  hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer where bloggers can recap their week, showcase books, and share news.
**all goodreads links are available through the picture of the cover**

Library

   

I only picked up two physical books this week: The Girl on the Train  by Paula Hawkins and Lumberjanes, Vol. 1.  I've started the first, but I'm only 28 pages in (hopefully that will change with the 24 hour readathon today) and loving it. I can't wait to read more.

When I need a break, I will definitely pick up the graphic novel. From what I've seen so far, the artwork is stunning. 

Netgalley

   

I literally know nothing about Olivay,  which is intentional. I want to go into this one blind. 

I only know slightly more about the second. It's a middle grade nonfiction. Going in blind is my favorite. Do you ever do that?

Life Update

 I did it! I did my first (and maybe only) half marathon. I walked the majority of it, almost cried three times, hated myself at mile 10, hit the notorious wall, and then felt amazing (except not physically).

I'm almost positive my legs are in the process of revolting aka falling off. I only have three blisters and minor sunburn on my arms and chest. It's honestly an answered prayer that it there wasn't a constant downpour. I did it entirely by myself, but I was not without support. A group from our church did it. Look how happy we are before we started. 


It didn't last long. I am the one on the far right repping the Atlanta Braves, even though they aren't my favorite baseball team. 

While I am almost positive my legs are going to fall off at some point, I am so happy I did it (and before I was even 18 too!).

Also, in less exciting news, I finished all ten seasons of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix (no spoilers for season 11 in the comments please!), and I started watching Lost (for the second time). I kind of regret it, but then again I don't.


How have your weeks been? Did you get any books?

Tell me down in the comments!

Happy Reading!

Tomes Project

14 comments on "Stacking the Shelves & Sunday Post [11]: I Did a Half Marathon!"
  1. Congrats on the half marathon! That is awesome!

    I finished The Girl on the Train this week, it was interesting!

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the half marathon! Are you enjoying your reading so far? I think I would be napping if I were you, but I hope the cheering keeps you awake. Enjoy Lumberjanes, I just read the latest installment on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul this week! I've wanted to check out The Girl on the Train for a while now because it sounds really good and everyone seems to enjoy it. Congrats on the half marathon! Have a good week. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read these two (the physical copies) too! Book Rioter Amanda Nelson praised Lumberjanes and Rebecca Schinsky (I think?) loved The Girl on Train. Sorry, I should've asked first if you visit Book Riot or care what its editors say. *Smiles innocently.*

    And yaaay on your half-marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely thought I would be reading, but I slept for most of the day. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I am enjoying it so far even though I am not too far in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't visit the site (as much as I should), but I do listen to the podcast every week. And I do love hearing what they have to say! And thanks! I might have slept pretty much all day yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard a lot about The Girl On The Train so far. I hope you like it.

    Here's my StS post: The Book Bundle

    Btw, when I look at your blog, all the images are really stretched... not sure what's up with that.


    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the marathon. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the marathon! I enjoyed The Girl on th train, hope you do too.
    Read on!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Well-earned, my friend, well-earned. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! I am currently addicted to it!

    ReplyDelete