Top 5 Books that Feature Travel

"Top 5 Wednesday" is a weekly meme created by Lainey at GingerReadsLainey on Youtube and hosted by Goodreads hosts Lainey and Mindy. You can find the goodreads group here.
This list definitely has five different types of travel: intercontinental travel, travel between worlds, interstate travel, travel within a single state, and time travel. Let's go.


5. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (Intercontinental Travel)

Okay, so the travel in this book doesn't really happen until halfway through, but THIS. BOOK. Ugh. It's just too good not to talk about. This is also a new favorite of mine because I had to read it for school this past semester.

Let me say: I'm so glad I read it.

I might not have read it otherwise just because it was one of those books that I've always said "Oh, I'll read that one day." If that is you, please go and pick this up. It's so good. I just, I can't.


4. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (Travel Between Worlds)

Now, this wouldn't be a T5W list if I didn't cheat at least a little bit, but I do have the bind-up so it's technically  one book. This is most definitely a cherished series for me. It most definitely set a standard for my reading life: not finishing series.

I never said that it was a good  standard.

Also, I definitely have written papers on this series.

And I had a slight (major) crush on Peter Pevensie as a middle schooler.


3. Paper Towns  by John Green (Interstate Travel)

There's a map on the cover. I feel like you can safely assume there is travel in this novel.

But in all reality, the road trip taken in this book (aka the entire second half of this novel) was my favorite part of this book. I love road trips in real life and in books, especially when they are humorous, and this one is most definitely humorous.

This is my favorite of the three John Green novels that I have read. Honestly, it's mainly because there's a road trip, and the main character is me in male form. We are one.


2. All The Bright Places  by Jennifer Niven (Travel Within a Single State)

This book. This book wrecked me. However, this following portion will not mention the sad part of this book, and instead will focus on the happy parts.

Often, when people talk about this book, they talk about how they cried because it broke their heart, put it back together, and then broke it again (which it did to me as well). However, a huge part of this book is Finch and Violet traveling around their home state of Indiana and finding all of the wonderful things in their state. There are so many cute moments within these parts, and it definitely made me want to wander around my home state and find all the bright places.

Tehehe.


1. Outlander  by Diana Gabaldon (Time Travel)

It's only my favorite book ever. It had to make the list, especially when it's about travel.

If by some miracle, you don't know what this novel is about, please, please sit down (I mean, you probably already are because I told you to do that earlier). This book follows Claire Randall who was a combat nurse during the Second World War in England. When the war ends, Claire and her husband Frank go on a "second honeymoon" to Scotland. By accident, Claire stumbles through the Craigh na Dun in 1945 to the Craigh na Dun in 1743.

Not only does this book have the time travel mentioned above, but there is a lot  more travel by horse. Seriously, there is so much travel by horseback, and in the travel scenes, pretty much all of the action/conflict scenes take place whilst traveling around the Scottish Highlands.


What do you think of my picks, and what are some of yours? Tell me down below!

Happy Reading!

Tomes Project

2 comments on "Top 5 Books that Feature Travel"
  1. The Chronicles of Narnia were on my list, too. Who didn't love reading about Narnia?

    http://infiniteink671.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-5-wednesday-books-that-feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the bright places.. That book destroyed me </3

    Ps. Stop by my blog and say hi, I'd love that! :3
    http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete