Spring TBR | The Season of Accomplishing Goals


I've started doing seasonal/3-month-at-a-time TBRs and it has absolutely changed my outlook on TBRs and reading lists. I actually enjoy making them, now? I'm as confused as you are. *knocks on all the woods and prays that this doesn't jinx my streak* 

And that pastel streak. I've made a theme? I'm seasonal? This is ridiculous. Someone should investigate whether a clone is writing this post.


CURRENTLY READING

  • CROOKED KINGDOM: I've been over halfway done with this book for ages, but have been terrified to finish it. I had my friend Emma, over at Awkwordly Emma, spoil me on one thing that happens because I was as close as I've ever been to just not finishing a book because I'm terrified of something that will happen. Now that I know, I'm excited to go on and finish it (finally)!
  • A CONJURING OF LIGHT: I'm so impressed with this finale so far. I was quite disappointed with A Gathering of Shadows because people kept talking about a twist that was "shocking" when I'd seen it coming since book one? It just felt very anticlimactic for me, but this one. It's all action and events and characters. I'm only 190 pages in and I'm already really in love with it.  
  • HISTORY IS ALL YOU LEFT ME: I've really liked this so far! The roller coaster of happy and sad emotions was really getting to me for a while, but I think I can handle it now. Hopefully.
(Two of these complete a picky pledge challenge, CK & ACOL are series enders, and CK is on my 17 to read in 2017 list.) - Am I actually accomplishing goals? Who am I?

THE PILE

  • A MADNESS SO DISCREETTHE FEMALE OF THE SPECIES: My friend Trina loves Mindy's books. I've wanted to read them for ages, and A Madness So Discreet is on my "17 Books to Read in 2017" list.
  • MY LADY JANE: I tried to read this when it first came out, but I kind of forgot about it. This feels like it's the perfect spring book, and what time better than this to read a hilarious book?
  • THE ART OF ASKINGI watched Amanda Palmer's TED talk a while back and was so intrigued by her personality. When I saw her book on BookOutlet, I immediately bought it. I really want to read this ASAP. (Also, if you don't know what TED talk I'm on about, watch it. It's so good.)
  • THE UPSIDE OF UNREQUITED: I am so so so excited for this book. I'm excited to read it, and I'm excited to buy it. It only comes out April 11th, but if it reads anything like Simon, I'll read it super quickly.
  • THE SILVER CHAIR & THE LAST BATTLE: I will finish this damn series if it kills me.
  • GEMINA: One of my goals is to catch-up on and complete more series. I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't read this yet.
March is definitely kick into full-gear mode for me. I don't know if my blogging updates will continue to be this regular, but I wouldn't count on it. Anyway, what do you think of this seasonal TBR? Are you a monthly TBR person? A no TBR person? Tell me down in comments along with what you're currently reading!


Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment