I've Got Your Number | My First Sophie Kinsella!


Oh. My. Stars.

This book deserves all the stars and a movie (this would make an A+ spring rom-com).

Things to Know About I've Got Your Number

  • I highly recommend this audiobook. The narrator is so funny, and she does a fantastic job with voices. It might sound a little strange, but there are a lot of messages in this book and being able to tell who is who in an audiobook gets a big gold star from me.
  • Don't feel bad about not liking Magnus and/or his family because I didn't either. Honestly, to this very moment I hate everything about the relationship between Magnus and Poppy.
  • Footnote, footnote, footnote. I love the footnotes. I also love how they lessen throughout the novel as Poppy's character develops. 
  • It makes sense. I wondered how someone could just lose their priceless, antique engagement ring, but believe me when I say that the way Sophie Kinsella plays out the story makes complete sense.

  •  This was my first Sophie Kinsella novel and I found it very accessible and even more fun (and it definitely left me wanting more of her writing).
  • It concluded. It tied itself up nicely, and I'm not sitting here wondering what happened. It had a clear story arc, and when I finished I wasn't sitting around thinking "Well, I need to know more" and "What kind of crap ending was that?"
  • I was annoyed with Poppy at the beginning, but her character development is so, so outstandingly amazing. Seriously, so often it's hard to tell that the protagonist in contemporary novels changed at all from the beginning of the novel to the end. Poppy is a completely different character at the end than she was at the beginning (100% for the better).
Content: PG-13
Cursing: Well placed, but definitely there
Sex: Mentioned, not explicit
STATUS: NEW FAVORITE




I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
Published: 31 October 2011 by Random House
Format - Length: e-Audiobook - 13 hours 25 minutes 
Source: Overdrive via library
Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her "happily ever after" begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!

Well, perfect except that the phone's owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn't agree. He wants his phone back and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.

What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other's lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents... she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.
Have you read any Sophie Kinsella? Please tell me which of her books to read next because I need more of her. Talk to me about this book if you've read it or are thinking of reading it down in the comment!

Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment