HELLO SOPHOMORE YEAR | all the books I brought to college


It's sophomore year! I'm in a dorm with good lighting, and I even have my own private room. (AKA: Many more blog posts and bookstagrams from yours truly!) I have the Jane Eyre blanket from Evie's S6 shop (it looks amazing on a blanket if you're looking for a cute blanket) on my chair (it's usually around me because for some reason my room is freezing) and so many of Cait's (paperfury) and Evie's mugs in my kitchen.



The only one out of this lot that I've read is Shadow and Bone, which I brought for two reasons. 1) So I could take pretty bookstagrams of the whole trilogy and 2) I'm going to a signing at the end of September for Crooked Kingdom and--knowing me--I won't have time to run home and grab it before the signing. This is also why I brought along both my ARC and hardcover copy of Six of Crows (I need the hardcover signed, but I still need to read it and prefer paperbacks.)

Also, Schwab is my favorite, and I'm in a really big fantasy mood right now so I brought her books along as well.


A Short Interlude for Comic Relief

HAMILTON: THE REVOLUTION: Like I would leave this behind.
ALEXANDER HAMILTON: Because I totally have time to read this.
STORMDANCER: I definitely need to start another fantasy series.
PRINCESS OF THORNS, DAUGHTER OF DEEP SILENCE, ILLUSIONS OF FATE: I feel guilty because these have been on my shelf forever. Maybe a new location will make me want to read them?
THE MARVELS: A picture book because college is hard.
GIRL ONLINE: ON TOUR: I'm only reading this because I think the third book might have a good message.
THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL #1: See also: Stormdancer.

Now back to your regularly scheduled blog post.



These were all ones that, when I looked at my "shelves" at home, I didn't want to leave behind for two months. Order of the Phoenix is my favorite Harry Potter book, so I knew I had to bring it along because you never know when a reading slump will hit (especially in school). Second Chance Summer, or The Book I've Been "Currently Reading" Since June. The Light Between Oceans is a book club pick for September, and all the others are books that I brought for variety (what if I'm in a fantasy, historical fiction, sci-fi, mystery mood?) on my shelf.

I brought too many books! How do you decide what books to take with you when you go somewhere? (Basically, I need major advice.)


Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment