End of the Year | Book Tag


It's officially Fall! *throws leaves into the air*

Even though it's still 80 degrees outside and humid as all get out in the southern US, it's still technically fall, which means being stressed from school and being stressed because I've completed none of my reading resolutions for the year.

This tag was originally created by Ariel Bisset, and I'm a little bit in love with it. (And, true to form, I have more than one answer to almost every question.)


THE QUESTIONS




Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?

  • THE DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY: Nothing says my aesthetic like true crime and serial killers. I must have watched too much CSI as a child (shoutout to my mom) and have always been fascinated by murder and serial killers. I always make my way so slowly through nonfiction, but this is genuinely so interesting.
  • WELCOME HOME: This is an anthology all about adoption. The reason I haven't finished this one is due to the sheer amount of stories in this collection. So naturally, there are a few that I wasn't a huge fan of, but I think this is just me discovering that I don't really enjoy anthologies. 
  • JURASSIC PARK: Jurassic Park is one of (if not my all-time) favorite movies. I got about halfway through the book this summer and just . . . quit for unexplained reasons. I was really loving it, but I think it's just so similar to the movie that I was wondering why I was reading it. But I must finish it.



Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?

  • IF WE WERE VILLAINS: This award actually goes to the book that I'm currently reading, which is M.L. Rio's debut novel. This is a literary fiction/thriller book about a group of seven friends that all go to this pretentious Shakespeare-only drama college in the Midwest. It's okay. I thought I'd love it more than I am, but perhaps it gets better. It does give off very autumnal-esk vibes because it does take place in the fall, but it doesn't read like most thrillers where you're constantly wondering what's happening because the narrator knows what happened. It's interesting, and I'm curious to see how it ends.

Is there a new release you're still waiting for?

OCT. 3 RELEASES
  • THAT INEVITABLE VICTORIAN THING: I don't know much about this book, but with E.K. Johnston, that cover, and Victorian I don't want to know anything before going into this one.
  • FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW: I am a huge Star Wars nerd. I love the movies, the comics, the books, everything. This has so many amazing authors attached to this, and I'm so excited to read this before the movie releases.



What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?

  • MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS: This movie comes out fairly soon, and despite my skepticism around Johnny Depp, there are so many other amazing names attached to that movie that my dislike of him will just have to be pushed aside for the sake of Daisy Ridley, Josh Gad, and Leslie Odom Jr.
  • WILD BEAUTY: Bisexual latinx main character, beautiful cover, latinx author. I do not need to know anything else.
  • SIEGE AND STORM: This was going to be pushed to my 2018 TBR, but with the announcement of the Nikolai book, I need to read this book ASAP.

Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?

  • THE POWER: This is blurbed by Margaret Atwood? And it's supposed to be a very interesting and thought-provoking look at the patriarchy and feminism. I just got my copy of this, and I'm so excited to dive into it.

Have you already started making reading plans for 2018?

  • No official reading plans, but a goal from this year that I will logistically never finish is that I wanted to read all the books I got in my Book of the Month boxes. I want to carry that over to next year and continue making my through all the books I have left on that list.


And that's it! What fun. So, so many books to read before the end of the year. Have you read any of these? If you have, be sure to tell me what you thought of them down in the comments. And be sure to tell me the books you're excited to read in the last few months of 2017 so that I can make my TBR longer.


Follow
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment