Anticipated Releases of 2017 | January to June


There are so many amazing and beautiful books releasing in 2017. Of course, there are more than these that I am excited about, and these dates will probably change because publishing does that a lot.


This year? No. A year ago? I read Josh's memoir, We Should Hang Out Sometime, and I not only found a 4.5 star book but also a YouTuber that I always love to watch. When I heard that he was writing a fiction book, I was all there because Josh is one of those unique humans whose's humor I actually really love and always laugh at. This story is about a blind 16-year-old, Will, who starts at a new high school. I'm excited to see what I think of it.


THIS. IS. A. PHANTOM. OF. THE. OPERA. STORY. That's all I needed to know about this book before adding it to my TBR. I actually have an ARC of this book (*flails about like a madwoman*) and am planning on reading it ASAP. 

So, this is actually more of a "modern spin-off" of Leroux's story, which is one of my all-time favorite books, and not a retelling. Eh. Details. Either way, I'm beyond thrilled to read this book. Hopefully, I will like it; otherwise, I will cry for 64 years.


Another book that I needed zero explanation for before adding to my TBR: it's a feminist scrapbook. It's filled with essays, poems, comics, illustrations, etc. from across media. I really don't need to know more, and neither should you. (But there's still a goodreads link...for reasons.)


So, for those of you that have read The Night Circus, I've heard this is like that.

For those of you who have been meaning to read The Night Circus for 87 years (see also: me), you can read this book come the end of January to prepare yourself for the more adult magic that is The Night Circus. 

I kid. I've head great reviews of this already and can't wait to get my greedy little hands on it.


I've never read Neil Gaiman, but I've heard that he's magic.

I've never read anything about Norse mythology save a few Thor comics, but those don't really count. 

I'm super interested by this, and I'm totally going to read it.



This is an LGBTQIA+ contemporary YA book. I honestly don't know much more than that. I know it's about a girl who goes to college in New York, which I'm stupidly excited about because not enough YA books take place in the college years. Marin, our main character, pretty much left everything behind in California when she left for college, and it's not really until her old friend Mabel comes to visit over winter break that she has to face what she's left behind.

I think?


This is the third and final book in Schwab's Shades of Magic series. I have already pre-ordered this this, and the second book is the next book on my TBR. This series is magic + amazing characters + parallel Londons + pirates. Yes yes yes.


Another third (but not the final) book in a series. Another series that takes place in London, but this is like a science fiction, alternate, future London that is ruled by an organization called Scion. It has people with powers, and hopefully I can get my hands on this gorgeous edition of the book. 


I haven't read anything Mindy McGinnis, but I've heard geniunely amazing things about her and her writing. But this is about a girl who was born to be fed to the water. I don't really know much about this, and I don't want to. It sounds intriguing enough.


I absolutely love, love, love Becky's last book, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, when I read it earlier this year in anticipation of her attending SEYA fest in March. This is another LGBTQIA+ story, and I'm totally down for it. It follows our main character, Molly, who is essentially a perpetual Paris; her "love" is always unrequited. I don't like to know too much going in to contemporaries, so that premise is enough to hook me. 


I don't know why this series is going onwards. I also only have a vague semblance of an idea as to why I'm continuing on with this final installment, and that was my significant dissatisfaction with the ending (and who Lara Jean ended up with) of P.S. I Still Love You. Even though I know the guy that I preferred probably won't turn up in this book, and Lara Jean will still be in a relationship with a guy that I absolutely despise. Here's to character development?


I actually hate myself that this is one of my most anticipated reads of 2017. I actually hate myself a little bit for it. I really disliked A Court of Mist and Fury, in case you're new to this blog or to me. I really dislike Sarah's writing. It's my least favorite writing that I've ever read in the entire world. I just can't stand it. Nonetheless, I want to know what happens. Ugh.


A lot of people's early years of reading were shaped by Sarah Dessen; mine was not. I've never read Sarah Dessen, but this one--for some reason--really speaks out to me. Maybe it's the cover. Maybe it's the fact that it's about the daughter of a wedding planner. Whichever one it is, this is going to be a really fun and light summer read, which is something I'm sure I'll need after next semester.

What books are you looking forward to this year? Which of these are you most excited for? Tell me down in the comments!


Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment