August Wrap-Up & September TBR



*all links lead to full reviews on either goodreads or my blog!*

  • GIANT DAYS, VOL. 2: Best group of friends! - 5 stars! I think this is my favorite comic series ever? I don't like saying that, but I'm pretty confident in the fact that this series is absolutely amazing. It's a contemporary graphic novel series about a group of college roommates and all of their college adventures. Read it. Now.
  • HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD: Biggest disappointment. - 1 star. I'm going to defer to the link on this one. Basically, this was the biggest mess of a play that I've ever read.
  • THE BANE CHRONICLES: Best mix of characters! - 4.5 stars! This was so refreshing after I didn't really enjoy Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. I really enjoyed all of the stories in this, and it was brilliant to revisit my favorite character in this universe. I'm sure at this point, everyone's heard of it.
  • MS. MARVEL, VOL. 4: LAST DAYS: Best superhero cameo! - 4 stars! I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE END OF THE SERIES, BUT THERE'S ANOTHER VOLUME. *grabby hands*
  • HAMILTON: THE REVOLUTION: Brought me the most joy! - 12 billion stars . . . okay, 5 stars! Do I really need to explain? This contains all the lyrics to Hamilton with footnotes from Lin and essays on the actors and the making of the musical. It's pretty dope. Listen to Hamilton if you haven't. Invest of this piece of actual art if you haven't yet.
  • CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET: Most *eyerolls* in a book. - 2.5-3 stars. Again, I defer to the link on this one. I had quite a few problems with this book, most of which revolve around the romance (AKA: the main point of this book) and I'm honestly considering lowering this rating to 2 stars because I constantly think about how many issues I had with it.


POSTS I REALLY ENJOYED WRITING THIS MONTH
  • CAN WE CRITIQUE OUR FAVES?: A half response post to a video, a half call to arms. Give it a read, I'm really proud of it.
  • 12 MONTHS OF RECOMMENDATIONS: Part of the goodreads group from Trina and Kayla. I've never felt confident in any of the topics, but this is almost like a tag where I recommend you a book from each of the previous month's topics. 
  • BOOKS I BROUGHT TO COLLEGE: HOW THE HECK AM I A SOPHOMORE? *has an identity crisis*



TBR:
Siege & Storm | Ruin & Rising | Six of Crows | This Savage Song

As I've endlessly shouted into the aether of the internet for the past two months, I am meeting Leigh Bardugo in September for the CK release. I can't be like "I mildly enjoyed Shadow and Bone, but I own all of your books. Also, you have a fantastic personality, and your Instagram stories give me life."

That would just be embarrassing. Therefore, I must at least finish the Grisha trilogy this month. AT LEAST.

Was was the best book you read last month? What book are you excited to read this month? Tell me down in the comments!


Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment