June Book Haul! | STS

Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books that have come into your possession throughout the week, whether it books added to your collection, ebooks, library books, etc. Sunday post is a weekly meme  hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer where bloggers can recap their week, showcase books, and share news.


Look at Peggy! Look how cute she is! (I saw this when I was at BAM! in their giant Funko section and I knew I had to get her so she could accompany Cap on my shelf.) (Also because she's Peggy fuckin' Carter and basically my role model.)

Anywho, I picked up my Matson books to round off my collection of her books. I read Amy and Roger last summer and enjoyed it, and I am "currently reading" (and taking a break from) Second Chance because Taylor is one of my least favorite characters I've ever read and this is--so far--my least favorite MM book.

I got a lovely #BooksForTrade from Paige @ The Paige-Turner. I am really happy to have a copy of Burning Glass, and hopefully I can get to it really soon. I also won a giveaway from Epic Reads (WOO!) and got a ARC of What Happens Now by Jennifer Castle.

Long-story-short on Breaking Dawn my sister and I shared copies of the last two Twilight books. I got Eclipse, she got Breaking Dawn. So when I saw this at my library's book sale, I snagged it for a dollar. (And it's basically in perfect condition--yay!)



This is the stack from my library that I have already read / am currently reading! 

Also, I would like to state on the record that I have finally seen Howl's Moving Castle. I don't know how my parents kept me from this for my entire life, but I have now seen it (like five times) and oh my goodness it's amazing.

I am currently reading My Lady Jane and it's great so far! 

My thoughts of the Princess Diaries books boils down to: "OMG, Mia, you're horribly dramatic and slightly annoying, but you're 14/15 so it's kind of excusable." (All links go to my GR reviews for more in depth thoughts.)



Now for the stack from the library that I haven't yet gotten to. I'm going to watch the original Star Wars trilogy for the first time! I'm sure I saw bits and pieces as a child, but I was scared of Lord of the Rings as a kid so I was probably also scared of Star Wars.

I'm probably most excited about The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland as I have heard really great things. I'm also really looking forward to my first Colleen Hoover books and my second Sophie Kinsella book. Wolf by Wolf will hopefully be another exciting one because I love alternate history historical fiction, and this is set in WWII, which is one of my favorite time periods.

What's your favorite book you've gotten your hands on this month? Tell me down in the comments!


Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment