Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books that have come into your possession throughout the week, whether it books added to your collection, ebooks, library books, etc. Sunday post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer where bloggers can recap their week, showcase books, and share news.
Look at me, conquering the library. (When I already have shelves of books to read.)
- THE ADORATION OF JENNA FOX & THE FOX INHERITANCE: Literally picked these up solely on the recommendation of Shannon @ Leaning Lights. She recently read this series and liked it, so when I saw it I naturally had grabby hands.
- IF I STAY & WHERE SHE WENT: I just saw the If I Stay movie (I KNOW! I KNOW!) and loved it to bits and pieces. I've heard the movie was a really faithful adaptation, but I really want to read the story as well. (Because I loved it that much.)
- A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC: I love Victoria Schwab and I have no excuse for not having read this book already.
- THE DREAM THIEVES & BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE: I HAVE DISCOVERED THE MAGIC OF MAGGIE STIEFVATER (Thank you, Cait!) and I have devoured this series this month. (4 stars to TBR, 5 stars to TDT, and I am currently devouring BLLB!)
- HONOR GIRL & THE SLEEPER AND THE SPINDLE: Honor Girl is one that I have seen around through the Landfall Freight unboxings, and I just had serious grabby hands when I saw this. It will be my first experience into Graphic Memoirs, so I am excited. Also, I was browsing the Neil Gaiman section and grabbed this the second I saw it.
- MS. MARVEL, VOL. 3: Just finished volume 2 for this series, and it is so amazing. So much fun, and it portrays such good messages. (I still love Lumberjanes more, though.)
- THOR, VOL. 1 & 2: DO YOU LIKE SUPERHEROES? DO YOU LIKE KICK-BUTT FEMALES? READ THIS. Just do it. It's my standout comic book series for the year.
- GRAVE MERCY & THE HOUSE OF THE SCORPION: Did a little #BooksforTrade-ing this month. I was so happy to get my hands on these two because while I haven't heard much what I have heard has been great.
- WHITE OLEANDER & S: White Oleander is a real-life-friend recommendation that I snagged off Book Outlet, and literally S sounds perfect. Also, it was imagined by J.J. Abrams (creator of Lost), and it was 50% off on Book Outlet. I couldn't not.
- THE HERO OF AGES: I NOW OWN THE WHOLE SERIES (in matching, floppy editions from Book Outlet) SO I HAVE NO EXCUSE. I NEED TO READ THIS SERIES.
- THE GAME OF LOVE AND DEATH & MENAGERIE: I can't remember who it was (and I am too lazy to check) but someone in the book blogging community was having a book sale, and I have wanted these two for ages. They were, together, $9. Yes, please.
- THE QUEEN OF THE TEARLING: I already own the paperback, but this beautiful hardcover was in my Books-A-Million's bargain section for $5 so I needed it. Clearly.
- DARKFEVER & BLOODFEVER: So many people rave about this series. They say it's quick and addicting. I love quick and addicting.
- UNRAVEL ME: I now own the complete series! *Jumps for joy* I read this series earlier this year and have been slowly collecting the PBs for future rereads. Now I can reread!
- SHADOW AND BONE & SIEGE AND STORM: Gifts from my lovely #TBTBSanta! The lovely Rachel @ NerdHerdReads was such a great secret santa and gave me the first two in this series! I have already read the first book (a little underwhelmed--probably a victim of hype) but I am excited to go into the rest of the series with lower expectations.
- RUIN AND RISING: Clearly I needed to go out and buy the matching third book for myself. Doi.
- FALLING INTO PLACE: Another bargain section snag from BAM! It was only $3 and only about 2 of my friends on GR have read it. I wanted to give it a shot as I saw it circling a lot of blog tours earlier this year.
What I Read
*covers link to my goodreads reviews*
When I Wasn't Reading
Sleeping. Buying books (see above). Deciding whether or not to get the TMI boxset. Pining overr BILLY bookshelves from IKEA. Tweeting. Drinking an absurd amount of hot chocolate and watching an absurd amount of Doctor Who and Criminal Minds.
OH! And I finished my first semester of college! My GPA isn't what I want it to be, but I know that I can raise it to where I want it next semester.
You Might Have Missed
6th Annual End of the Year Bookish Survey
Series I Started and Need to Finish in 2016
Series I Want to Start in 2016
2015 Goals in Review
December Wrap Up + January TBR
#TBRTakedown 3.0 TBR
FAVORITE BOOKS OF 2015!
I have a lot planned for the upcoming year! I am so thankful for each of you that have stuck with me the past year-ish and I welcome every new one as well!