MY FAVORITE BOOKS OF 2015!



Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! I hope your year has been fabulous, and I can't think of a better way to end my first year of book blogging than with my favorite books that I read in 2015!

I loved every single one of these books (clearly), and when I went to my shelves, I picked these 10 (two on this list I have gotten from the library) off without a moment's hesitation. These books range from some I read in January to ones I read in December. 

Some Stats about my favorite books:

Stand-alones: 6
The starts of series: 3
Whole series: 3

Average rating of my favorites: 4.71
No over-consumed genre
Number of favorite pages consumed: 8633 
Average publication year: 2011

YA: 8
Adult: 4


Not pictured: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

I had no trouble organizing these from favorite to most favorite until I got to my top four. I sat around holding these four for a solid ten minutes (I also took back-up pictures of every order option that there was) before I settled on this arrangement.

There won't be a lot of explanation as to why I picked this book over that book or what made one book more special than another because then we would be here all day.

12. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

This book wrecked me. I absolutely loved this book, and reflecting on it, I can see that I read this book at the right time. I didn't need to read it when I read it, but reading it early in the year really helped me deal with the rest of the year.

goodreads review

11. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

I am so glad that I read this book for school. I am also really glad that I read the book alongside the audiobook--definitely the way to go if for some reason you haven't picked up this masterpiece already.

goodreads review

10. The Infernal Devices Trilogy (Specifically, Clockwork Prince) by Cassandra Clare

Did I expect much going into this series? No, I expected very little. While the conclusion was a bit of a let down, the characters in this series do things to me that I never expected. And even though I still dislike Will Herondale and the overall end to this series, the character development in the second book alone is something that I will not soon forget.

goodreads reviews (I, II, III)

9. The Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi

I can't pick a favorite out of this series, and I wouldn't want to because all of them work together wonderfully. I love how Mafi crafted these beautiful characters and relationships and how she developed them thoughout the series.

This is one of the things that really kickstarted all the feels that I felt this year.

reviews

8. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

I would like to redirect you here because I can't coherently talk about this book right now. I just love it beyond words.

7. Vicious by V.E. Schwab

Superpowers, monsters, friendships gone awry, and friendships gone right.

Do you like complex characters and/or X-Men? Yes? Then, please read this.

review

6. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

How do I words about this book? I am not the same person I was before I read this book. I see things differently, and I see people differently. I understand ignorance, and I want to teach people how to learn, not just be upset that they don't already know.

review

5. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

Again, with the words. Pick up the illustrated version if you can, but if you can't the story is still beautiful nonetheless.

Again, I am not the same.

review

4. The Raven Cycle (Specifically, The Dream Thieves) by Maggie Stiefvater

Even though there is technically one other YA book above this one, I still stand beside this truth: this series is the best thing in YA right now. The series is almost over, and right now this series is one of my all time favorites.

I love the second book specifically because we get to see so much of Ronan. Not only do we get to see Ronan, we also see our Raven Boys apart for the first time. And then we see them come back together. It's magical. Literally.

review

3. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

This is one for the rereads. It deserves all the praise that it gets. Please read it, and don't let the fact that it is "literary fiction" turn you away from reading it.

Please read it.

goodreads review

2. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

I read this mammoth in a week. The longest book I read in 2015, and I read it in a week. I think it is over 800 pages, but somehow I managed.

If you can't seem to get through this book, I recommend watching the TV show alongside it because it is one of the best book adaptations I have ever seen.

This book is a roller coaster of emotions, and these characters are ones that I want to know more and more about every passing day.

review

1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 

This book was such an experience. It is written in such a unique way, and I genuinely cared about every single character in this book--human or not. It made my anxiety go through the roof at points near the middle-end, but it was completely worth it.

I am so excited for the sequel to be released!

review


Have you read any of these books? Tell me your thoughts on them down in the comments!

Also, share with me your top books of 2015 because those are my favorite videos and posts at the moment!


Follow

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment