Stacking the Shelves [21]: The One Where I'm a Weak Human

Stacking the shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and it's all about sharing the books that have come into your possession throughout the week, whether it books added to your collection, ebooks, library books, etc. Sunday post is a weekly meme  hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer where bloggers can recap their week, showcase books, and share news.
So, in a (not) stunning turn of events, I got far too many library books this week.

Also, I cut up post-it notes and taped them to the spine with the due date on them. Smart, right?

The Stack


  • MY LIFE NEXT DOOR, WHAT I THOUGHT WAS TRUE: Zoey made me do it, and they were both available at the same time at the library. I couldn't not.
  • AMY AND ROGER'S EPIC DETOUR: So, there was #MonthOfMatson in June, but I think #SummerOfMatson is a better idea. Plus, this is pretty much the favorite.
  • ATTACHMENTS: I need to read all the Rowell books . . . clearly. Plus, I am doing a most-read authors post soon, and I just couldn't have John Green on that list. I just couldn't. 
  • A MONSTER CALLS, THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO: Kristina Horner's book club, and I am a weak human. Second best thing with pictures I've ever read.
  • THE HEIR: Again, I am a weak human, and even though I picked this one up, I really liked how the trilogy finished with a nice little bow . . . I just don't want to ruin that. I'm good with not knowing. Plus, mixed things and . . . eh.
  • NIMONA: It's the best thing with pictures that I think I have ever read. 

What I Read This Week

   
 *click on covers to see my reviews*

I honestly think A Monster Calls and Nimona are two of the best things I've ever read with pictures. Nimona beat out Seconds as my favorite graphic novel (and I recommended it to about twelve people on GR). Ms. Marvel, vol. 1 was a nice setup for a series, but not the most entertaining. The Queen just made me less confused as to why Amberly and the King were married . . . cause she's a fangirl.

When I Wasn't Reading


I started re-watching (because my family has the entire collection on DVD and I've seen at least every episode three times throughout the years) Friends. I think we're seeing a theme of weakness this week because I'm already finished with the first season. I mean, I should finish it before I start school so I'm not distracted . . . right? But . . . readathons and vacation and volunteering! I'm slowly drowning.

You Might Have Missed

Upcoming

Top 5 Wednesday
#TBRTakedown + 7 in 7 TBR

How was your week? What did you read? Should I read The Heir, yes or no? Are you participating in #TBRTakedown? Also, you should read Nimona and Lumberjanes . . . now.



Follow
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment