My Month in Tomes: May 2015

**all goodreads links available through the book cover**

These are not even all the books I read because there are eight other books that I borrowed from people or the library.

Okay, so I thought the saying was "April showers bring May flowers" but it's more like "May showers bring much reading" (at least for me being in the southern United States). I finished up school this month, so again, much reading. Also, I participated in two week-long read-a-thons at the beginning of the month where I read and listened to all of things.

I bought nine books this month, and I have already read three of them. Also, this month (the last week) was the beginning of my book-buying ban. So far, so good.

Books Finished

   

   

   

  

Reviews this Month

Shatter Me - 4 stars

Reading Challenges

Goodreads: 41/70
Popsugar: 28/50
Rereads: 3/10
500+ pages: 4/5
TBR Jar: 4/12

Stats

Favorite Read: This one definitely goes to The Help  by Kathyrn Stockett. I listened to the audiobook for this one, and -oh my goodness- it was amazing. Another amazing audiobook I listened to was The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B  by Teresa Toten. It is about a boy with OCD, and it deals with the topic wonderfully. Go read these two.

Most Surprising Read: I had heard good things about Jenny Han, and I was expecting to like To All the Boys I've Loved Before,  but I was not expecting to fall in love with this story.

Best Cover:  Shatter Me  for obvious reasons. 

Wish I Hadn't Read: Uncanny X-Men, Vol. 1.  If you want to read X-Men, start with All-New X-Men  because this volume of Marvel Now! X-Men was horrid.

Most Consumed Genre: Young Adult Contemporary

Average Star Rating: 4.17 stars

Books Left

 

 When I Wasn't Reading

I watched a lot of Netflix. I picked up HIMYM again. I started watching Lost again. I really got into blogging this month. So many posts. It's insane. I also re-organized my bookshelf this month! It was much needed, trust me. 


I love doing these wrap-ups and I love looking at yours! Tell me if you did a monthly wrap-up in the comments!

Happy Reading!

Tomes Project

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment