Tuesday Talks: Matching Book Covers

"Tuesday Talks" is a weekly meme hosted by Janie @ Bookworm Buddy on YouTube to share our thoughts and feelings on bookish topics. You can find the goodreads group here. 

"Do you like your book series to match?"

Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Very much so. So much so, that I am angry at myself for buying the floppy American paperbacks (which are my favorite format of book) of the first two books in the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson because the next book, Alloy of Law,  doesn't come in that format. Also, if I do end up liking the Mistborn Trilogy and want to read more of his work, what format will I buy it in?

Probably the pretty, white UK paperbacks (which are stiff and not floppy in the least), but is that worth me not enjoying the format in which I am reading a book?

I feel like it's not.

But the entire reason I unhauled (an re-bought) a copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  from Thriftbooks was because it was not the same size and edition as the rest of the series that I had collected thus far. It still had the same cover, it was still the same book, but it was shorter than all my other 9.1 inch Harry Potter books, and they had  to match . . . but that was only because it was Harry Potter . . . right?

No, it's because I am a book collector. I want all of my classics in the same edition.

I want all of my books in a series to have the same cover, be the same height, and be the same format (i.e. paperback or hardback).

I want all of the covers in a series to match (curse, you, cover changes).

I want all my books in a series to have matching designs, but be different at the same time.


Am I crazy? Am I alone?

Tell me down in the comments below!

Happy Reading!

Tomes Project

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment