Top 5 Wednesday - Anticipated 2015 Releases

 
The Mime Order - Samantha Shannon (Jan 27)

I'M SO EXCITED. I have already pre-ordered this book from Amazon, and I have my very own copy of The Bone Season on the way from Book Outlet. This is the sequel to The Bone Season. This book follows the events of Paige after the events of the first book. Since it is the sequel, I don't want to say to much, but The Bone Season follows 19 year old Paige Mahoney in the year 2059 in Scion London. I want to set out a disclaimer for this book: this is adult fantasy, so the terminology used takes getting used to. However, since this is the sequel I would think that it won't take as much to understand as it did with the first.

A Darker Shade of Magic - V.E. Schwab (Feb 24)

V.E. Schwab (or Victoria Scwhab) is the critically acclaimed author of Vicious. Now she introduces to us the world of parallel Londons. In this world there are people who can travel between these parallel Londons. Kell is one of the last. There is Red London and Gray London, Black London and White London. Kell, officially The Red Traveler, works for the Prince of Red London and carries monthly correspondence between the royals of the four Londons. However, unofficially Kell smuggles people between the Londons, so that they can get a glimpse of themselves in another life. In Gray London, Kell meets Delilah (Lila), and the two need to stay alive to save all four Londons.

All the Bright Places - Jennifer Niven (Jan 6)

This counts because it was released in 2015, even if it was very early. It's a big thing to say that this book is along the same lines as The Fault in Our Stars and Eleanor & Park. Even though those two weren't my favorite, I am really looking forward to picking this up at some point this year. Theodore Finch and Violet Markey meet on the bell tower at school. At the edge of the bell tower. Violet's sister has recently died, Finch has always been fascinated with death. In this moment on the ledge of the bell tower, Violet and Finch save each other, and as they spend time together while working on a school project, they discover that with each other they can be truly themselves. Described as gripping and intense, I am excited to hear from this new YA contemporary author.

I bought it at Barnes & Noble today. I cannot wait to read it. Also, the cover is the most beautiful, textured thing, and this book is gorgeous naked.

Fairest - Marissa Meyer (Jan 27) & Winter -Marissa Meyer (?)
Fairest: goodreads / amazon
Winter: goodreads

Does this count? I think it counts because a) Winter does not have a release date or a cover and b) I have not even started the Lunar Chronicles. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this series. I have a copy of Cinder in the mail, and I know my local library has Scarlet and Cress for me to marathon. With my fingers crossed, I am hoping that they also will have a copy of Fairest soon. Fairest is the prequel to the Lunar Chronicles. If you don't know, the Lunar Chronicles is a series of sci-fi fairy retellings. Cinder is Cinderella, Scarlet is Red Riding Hood, Cress is Rapunzel, and Winter is Snow White. Fairest, however, follows the antagonist Queen Levana before she knew our four protagonists. This is supposed to be an amazing series, and I cannot wait to start it!

All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully - Carrie Hope Fletcher (UK - Apr 23)
goodreads / amazon (US - kindle)

Carrie Hope Fletcher (or itswaypastmybedtime on YouTube) is the younger sister of Tom Fletcher, who is part of McFly. To thousands of young fans, she is an "honorary big sister" who gives advice on relationships, friendships, and just life in general. Amazon says "Part memoir, part advice guide, it will include Carrie's thoughts on some of the topics she's asked about more regularly [...] Carrie will provide the essential tools for growing up gracefully . . . most of the time." As a fan of Carrie's videos and personality, I am excited to read all of Carrie's thoughts.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment